This Q&A is comprised of questions from @husskiepress Q&A - which is SUCH an epic site, half of these questions I get asked pretty often anyhow so I thought to give you a little insight into little old me! Questions from you from IG are number 50 onwards and I will keep adding as I get questions - feel free to fire any other ones you want me to answer at me either email or DM xx
1. Best beauty product of all time? Dr Dennis Gross Hyularonic Moisture Cushion
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Minetan super dark violet, purple shampoo (fudge), Maui Moisture hair mask, blonde hair ties, primer
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
4. Makeup or no makeup? No makeup
5. Favourite fragrance? Don’t use one at the moment but I used to wear Gucci
6. Favourite item of clothing? Cutoff overalls
7. Favourite fashion brand? Too many, I have pieces from everywhere, like to mix match
8. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers always
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Luxe yoga spin class
10.Yoga or running? Yoga
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? It’s a balance isn’t it?! I can whip up some pretty healthy but tasty foods.. and also naughty tasty
12. Can you cook? Actually I’m obsessed and love getting creative in the kitchen and cooking from friends and family!
13. Favourite food? TACOS!
14. Favourite drink? Ginger berry kombucha or sparkling water
15. Best place to eat out? I prefer cooking tbh but… Wings and Tins
16. Happiest moment? Ever?! Probably riding a bike over Christmas in Panama to a BBQ.. or arriving at To Sun Ocean Trench in Samoa.. I love feeling detached from the world, immersed in another culture, in a another place, another time.
17. Saddest moment? I have had a few extremely rough patches struggling with anxiety
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
19. Blog or YouTube? YouTube
20. Iphone or camera? Camera
21. Type of camera? Nikon D810
22. VSCO cam or Snapseed? Lightroom and afterlight for dusty overlay
23. Facetune or untouched? Untouched
24. Favourite filter? Don’t have one
25. Shooting on-the-go or location scouting? Both
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time influencer
27. How did you get into blogging? Travelling through the Philippines I gained a lot of traction and started to manage my account more and more, writing down experiences and tips for specific places and keeping it up to date. Then I kept traveling in large chunks (1-3 months at a time) and kept it up!
28. Best piece of career advice you’ve received? Well I used to be a recruitment specialist so I was dishing out all the advice believe it or not
29. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Probably between 1 hour and 3? Depending on if you’re including travel time and location scouting
30. Who takes your pics? Simon, or my girlfriends
31. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? Being on the cover of two major European travel magazines this year has been incredible
32. Most terrifying moment since being an influencer? Getting hacked!!
33. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Loved working with Charitizer recently - shoots were really about me and personal so it was awesome to share that with everyone
34. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? PLT really looks after me
35. Last thing you googled? ‘spell hyularonic’
36. Favourite film? I actually prefer shows on Netflix!
37. Favourite book? Oof anything but Chuck Palahnuik
38. Favourite song? Shifts so much but I love SYDE ‘Above the Clouds’ atm
39. Favourite band? More into indie, electro and rap hehe
40. Living in the city or living by the beach? By the beach
41. Favourite travel destination? Central America
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Depends on the day and my mood but probably quiet dinner with friends, especially if we aren’t travelling
43. Partner or single? Partner @sg.lc
44. Siblings? Younger sister
45. What city are you currently living in? Sydney
46. Celebrity girl crush? Alexis Ren
47. Celebrity boy crush? Richard Madden, omg.
48. Pets? Two cats (7 years - Andy, 10 months - Molly)
49. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @pixipop @madelinejoyrelph @sophiesuchan @gypsea_lust @annaherrin
50. Why is your username @blame.andy? HAHA well my ginger ninja (7 year old rescue cat) is always making trouble so we blame him for everything. Nah he's the most legendary cat of all time, my ode to him is my name.
51. Most annoying habit? Have to ask Si but I'm guessing biting my nails is the worst :(
52. Fave bikini brand? Gooseberry intimates fits like a dream, same with FAE. I've lost my fave Gooseberry one piece somewhere in my spring clean need to find it!
53. Where are you from? Originally from Pennsylvania but moved here 11 years ago and now I'm a dual citizen of the states and Australia
54. What's your guilty pleasure? Hmm if this is a TV related GP, I got way too caught up in Love Island Australia. Food-wise, PASTA PASTA PASTAAAA with all of the cheese haha.
55. Do you usually eat really healthy? What is your diet like? Umm it varies, depending what I have on, travel, etc. I eat a lot of yogurt, fruit, spinach, kale, salads, eggs, tuna, veggies.. I was doing a vego diet for awhile and now I have one serving of meat or fish per day and the rest is vegetarian. I eat a lot of mexican-style food like chili eggs and beans, mexican bean salad, tacos, burrito bowls.
56. Best room service you have ever had? Definitely the Pullman Quay on Sydney Harbour, they did a stellar brekky.
57. Favourite beach you have been to? Oh man Boracay back in the day would be hard to beat but some of the beaches in Samoa were just unbelievable. Also Padang Padang in Uluwatu or the Blue Lagoon (not really beach but yeah just astounding). Also the black beach in Santorini and my local fave Hyams Beach.
58. How old are you? How old do you think I am?
59. How did you feel when you first moved to Australia? Free and like I had finally found where I was meant to be. I finally felt like I belonged somewhere and had a purpose. Everything clicked into place.
60. How’d you get a thicc ass booty like that though? Thank Luxe Yoga for that! Spin class, yin, melt and burn, running, hiking and leg workouts!
61. Who’s your best friend? @sg.lc @corinnecaston @danniellecowderoy @lozg10 @littlelaura44 and some lovely newbies have come into my life this year too <3
62. What’s the one experience in your life that you think has shaped the person you are today? I think the entire experience of having severe scoliosis from the age of 3 definitely did that. It became something that my family, friends, teachers, classmates, myself - used to define me. It became such part of my identity that I don’t even know who I would have been had I not been born with that disability. And conversely, after having it surgically fixed last year finally, it has been and still continues to be, a journey of self-discovery!
63. What’s your biggest fear? It used to be surgery but now that I’ve had major surgery it doesn’t frighten me as much. I fear ridiculous stuff, like the end of the world and plane crashes. Failure is a big one as well.
64. Who is your favourite dog in the world? Duh, Charlie ;)
65. If you were a plant, what plant would you be? Probably those tumbleweeds on the dunes at the beach, earthy, get to hang out in the sun and sand all day and just chill with likeminded plants.